Friday, November 16, 2007

Round-Up: November 16

Here is a round-up of today's Bestiaria Latina blog posts (you can browse through previous round-ups at the Bestiaria Latina Blog archives). I'll be taking Thanksgiving week off, so I'll see you back here online after the holidays! Updated earlier this week:LatinViaFables.com: I'm now starting to go through Barlow's Aesop again, preparing the materials for a forthcoming book with Bolchazy-Carducci! So, as I republish the fables at LatinViaFables.com, they will have accompanying vocabulary and grammar notes, something I had not included in my previous recitation of these fables. Here is the fable I published today: De vitula et bove: The Heifer and The Ox. This is a great Aesop's fable about how someone can be oblivious to their fate. Take a close look at the image, and you will see the poor heifer being sacrificed there in the background. (It was common in book illustrations to 'condense' two scenes from the same story into a single picture, with one scene in the foreground and another scene in the background.)



Keep up with the latest posts... Get the RSS feed, or you can subscribe by email.