Friday, November 30, 2007

Vulgate Verses available now!

Here is a special announcement: I've finally finished the Vulgate Verses book and it is now available from Lulu.com:
Vulgate Verses: 4000 Sayings from the Bible for Teachers and Students of Latin

Yes, yes, I know I had said the book would be done in September... and it's November. Let's just say that life got in the way. Or, to modify a famous John Lennon quote, "Life is what happens to you while you're trying to finish a book!"

Like the Latin Via Proverbs book (which I published last year), the Vulgate Verses book is organized by grammatical categories, starting with nouns (first, second, third, fourth and fifth declensions, followed by pronouns, etc.), and then the verbs (present active system, present passive system, perfect system, participles).

In order to get a better sense of the contents of the book, take a look at the Vulgate Verses wiki, which provides a way to search the verses. You'll still need a copy of the book for a full sense of how the grammatical categories work, but the wiki is a way to see just what I found when I went looking for 4000 memorable verses from the Latin Bible!