Thursday, December 6, 2007

Round-Up: December 6

Here is a round-up of today's Bestiaria Latina blog posts (you can browse through previous round-ups at the Bestiaria Latina Blog archives).

Vulgate Verses. The Vulgate Verses book is now available (from Lulu Publishers), and I'm adding Study Guides at the Vulgate Verses blog. The Study Guides I've added today are for Group 5 and Group 6.

LatinViaProverbs.com: I'm started back to work on the online guide to the Latin Via Proverbs book, with grammar notes and English translations, working through the book group by group. Today I've posted notes for Group 152, a group of proverbs featuring fifth declension nouns and third conjugation verbs. This group includes that great saying, Curae canitiem inducunt (I do indeed have not a few grey hairs myself!).

Latin Holiday Songs. For the holiday season, instead of a Latin Fable of the Day, I'll be posting a "holiday song of the day" at the eClassics ning. Today's holiday song is Somnio Candidum Diem, a Latin translation of the English song, "White Christmas," made famous by Bing Crosby (although many other artists, too, have recorded the song).

Here is a movie poster for the film, "White Christmas," starring Bing Crosby and Danny Kaye:



Keep up with the latest posts... Get the RSS feed, or you can subscribe by email.